What You Need to Know
5 March 2021
- Recognize the best library marketing projects from 2020
- Encourage marketing in libraries
- Provide an opportunity for libraries to share marketing experience and expertise globally
- Any library that markets library products or services is eligible to apply for the award
- Applications must be written in one of seven IFLA languages
- Applicants may also submit an English translation if they prefer
- Applications must be submitted with supporting materials by 5 March 2021
- Present an original marketing strategy
- Answer each question on the application
- Explain the benefits of the strategy
- Provide a full description of the marketing strategy
- Utilize Marketing Glossary definitions (https://www.ifla.org/node/8227)
- Summarize the strategy and its results.
Libraries and institutions are encouraged to describe the imaginative and inventive aspects of the projects.
Applications will be judged on:
- Strategic approach to marketing, indicated in the research and planning stages of a submitted project
- Creativity and innovation as demonstrated by the originality of solutions to the marketing challenges
- Potential for generating widespread public visibility and support for libraries irrespective of the kind or amount of resources employed
- Effectiveness illustrated by measurable objectives and subsequent evaluation methods
Applicants are encouraged to include marketing using digital resources:
- Electronic journals, publisher databases, institutional repositories
- Web and digital libraries
- Information literacy
- New products and new services
Proposals are reviewed on the basis of how well they meet the above criteria.
Other factors are:
- Clarity of planning and partnerships with external organizations
- Efficient allocation of resources (staff, materials, time)
Members of the Award Jury are drawn from the membership of the IFLA Standing Committee on Management and Marketing:
Antoine Torrens-Montebello (France) Chair, Cindy Hill (USA), Leslie Weir (Canada), Ruth Ornholt (Norway), Nie Hua (China), Bonnie Mager (New Zealand).
You can contact the jury at firstname.lastname@example.org.